Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cigar Review - CAO La Traviata













I have to admit, I'm a little biased towards CAO, as they're my all time favorite cigar brand. I've yet to be disappointed by any cigar bearing the CAO label, and when I saw this new and un-smoked (by me anyways) cigar, I had to try it out.

I was not disappointed. This is a medium-to-full bodied cigar, a little on the stronger side though (but not Maduro) with a slow and very even burn (except for the first few minutes, but that was a lighting error on my part). It has that good earthy with slightly salty and bitter taste all CAO cigars have and keeps the same flavors throughout its roughly 50 minute burn. The draw was a bit tight though and it was a little tough to get properly lit, but it kept a good even burn once completely lit with a medium amount of smoke throughout.

My only real complaint I have is that the cigar I purchased began unraveling about halfway through, and by the time I was 3/4 done with it the entire end was unraveled.

CAO has consistently produced one excellent cigar after another, and this is no exception. While not the greatest cigar I've ever smoked, this is a slow burning, flavorful, medium-to-strong bodied cigar that I'll definitely be purchasing more of in the future.

CAO La Traviata
rated 7.5/10
medium-to strong bodied
Nicaraguan and Dominican Republican filler with Cameroon binder

Lighting Methods: Punch, with a tri-jet lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment